Our Twentieth Reunion will be held the weekend of July 28-30, 2017. Check back for further details, but the basic plan is:
- Friday, July 28, 6-10pm – Badge & T-shirt Pick Up. Welcome back mixer and reunion badge/lanyard & t-shirt pick up at Kilkenny's Pub, fully sponsored by Andy Lank. There will be a private tent for the class of ’97 and our guests only. With the purchase of your reunion badge there will be free beer and drink specials and/or free drinks throughout the night. There will be amazing food trucks right outside the tent where you can purchase some of the most delicious local cuisine ever. Thanks again to Andy Lank for getting the food trucks for our use for Friday’s mixer. Oh, the party ends when the bars close. PLEASE remember to tip your waitresses and bartenders WELL even though the drinks will be cheap if not free thanks to Andy’s gracious donations!
- Saturday, July 29, 7am – BIX 7 Race Viewing Party. Family friendly event hosted at the bottom of McClellan Blvd. This party is on a private address located right at the turnaround. Water and doughnuts will be provided. The CHS cheerleaders have been invited to help cheer on the runners! You are responsible to bring your own chairs and any other food/drink that you will want or need. Address for the event is #5 McClellan Blvd. You will not be able to park on the property, so plan accordingly and arrive early please. The race itself starts at 8:00am.
- Saturday, July 29, 6pm – The Main Event “Oh, the places we’ve gone!” Blue Devils ’97 Main Event will be held at Northgate Place located on Kimberly Road between Spring Street and Eastern Ave next to Hy-Vee. This is a casual event! Please show your support of our school and memories by wearing your reunion t-shirt or dressing in our school colors (red, blue, old jerseys, etc.). Jeans and shorts are perfectly acceptable tonight. Please be ready for food, drinks, FUN, and a lot of socializing/reconnecting with all your classmates. There will be live local music by Jordan Danielson and DJ Jeff James from our era spinning our favorite old school tracks, photo booth props, games, and prizes. Absolutely NO DRESS ATTIRE ALLOWED! This is an adult only event.
- Sunday, July 30, morning – Brunch at Blackhawk Hotel. Optional Brunch at the Blackhawk Hotel located at 200 East 3rd St. You will be responsible for your own food/beverage if you choose to attend. This is also a family friendly event should you choose to go. We do have some tables reserved under CHS 20 Year Reunion. Cost is $22.95/adult and $12.95/child payable at the brunch.
- Sunday, July 30, 1pm - Central High School Tour. This will be a family friendly event. Come check out our school and all the AMAZING renovations and the new 25 million dollar project that has just been completed which includes a NEW POOL and AUDITORIUM. It is GORGEOUS!!! Meet on Main Street as a group. You MUST RSVP for this so we have a count for the high school staff.
Donate Something Extra
Blocks of rooms have been reserved at local hotels under Central High School Class of 1997